Downloading a user certificate from the authentication system
Information Technology Team > Downloading a user certificate from the authentication system
1 Downloading a user certificate
- Log into the authentication system (user login page) with the account and password.
- This step is required only for initial access (not required for subsequent access). Two choices are displayed. Click the available choice.
- Upon renewal of an expired user certificate, both choices are available. Click the newer one.
- Click [Download user certificate] to download a certificate file. Then, two choices are displayed. Click the available choice or the newer one if both choices are available.
- Download a user certificate. A CA certificate is used by the authentication system to validate user certificates and needs not be downloaded except in special circumstances.
- The password required for certificate installation is the same as the one used for logging into the authentication system.
2 Changing a password
- Click [Change password] to arbitrarily change the password.
- The new password takes effect as soon as a new certificate is issued/downloaded.
- When clicking [Issue user certificate] or [Download user certificate] after changing the password, you are prompted to reissue a certificate. Reissue it as instructed.
- Certificate reissuance immediately invalidates the old certificate. Reinstall the new certificate on the device with the old certificate installed.
- If you have forgotten your password and asked the administrator to change the password, the above reissuance process must be completed.