Infectious Disease Control Measures
- 1 COVID-19 Prevention Poster
- 2 Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer Locations
- 3 Distribution of Non-Contact Thermometers
- 4 Available Disinfection Supplies
- 5 Precautions Regarding Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
The following is a summary of the measures and precautions taken by the School of Science to control the spread of COVID-19.
1 COVID-19 Prevention Poster
The School of Science has created a poster to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We would appreciate your cooperation in using this poster, such as hanging it in front of entrances of School of Science buildings. Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in an A1/A2 size color poster.
2 Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer Locations
The alcohol-based hand sanitizers provided by the School of Science contain 58% alcohol as solutions containing more than 60% alcohol are considered hazardous materials under the Fire Service Act. If you are running out of hand sanitizer, please bring the container to the Disaster Prevention Center (1F, Area E, School of Science Bldg. 1) to refill it.
2.1 Entrances of buildings, offices, etc.
- Hand sanitizers and stands were distributed on February 25, 2020, and placed around entrances of buildings and offices.
- Hand sanitizers were distributed to School of Science Bldgs. 2 and 3, and Koishikawa Botanical Garden in polyethylene tanks (to be refilled by the Environmental Safety Management Office).
2.3 In front of washrooms, etc.
- Hand sanitizers were distributed on June 25, 2020, and placed in front of washrooms and elevators in buildings at Hongo and Asano, and in nearby remote areas.
3 Distribution of Non-Contact Thermometers
- Non-contact thermometers were distributed on June 2, 2020.
- Non-Contact Thermometer Locations.pdf — in Japanese only
- How to Use Non-Contact Thermometers and Subsequent Procedures（Word document — in Japanese only）
- Poster on How to Take Body Temperature(PPT)：Please place this near the thermometer.For more detailed information, please refer to the "How to Use Non-Contact Thermometers and Subsequent Procedures".
4 Available Disinfection Supplies
The following items are stored at the Environmental Safety Management Office. Please contact the Environmental Safety Management Office for more information.
- Emergency ventilation (supply and exhaust fan/exhaust duct)
- Protective clothing, rain suits, N95 masks, goggles, etc.
- Disinfectant (liquid sodium hypochlorite (11-15%) / benzalkonium chloride (10%))
- Barrier tape
5 Precautions Regarding Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
5.1 On the use of alcohol-based sanitizers
Sanitizers that contain more than 60% alcohol are classified as hazardous materials under the Fire Service Act. When using these sanitizers, please pay careful attention to the following:
※Reference: School of Engineering/School of Information Science and Technology Environmental Safety Management Office
5.2 On the use of liquid sodium hypochlorite
Please pay close attention to the following when using liquid sodium hypochlorite:
5.3 On the installation of plastic sheets to prevent the spread of the disease
Please pay careful attention to the following if you are planning on installing plastic sheets in an office/laboratory: