Radiation Course in English
You can download course materials by following the links listed below.
The coming radiation education session is scheduled on-line via Zoom on:
* Thursday 20th October, 15:30--17:00 (or 3:30 pm — 5:00 pm) via Zoom
The connection information to Zoom is as follows.
targeted at all radiation users (both new users and users continuing from previous years).
Attendance to a radiation education session is obligatory for radiation users (except for continuing users of X-AB devices only), once every Japanese school year (April — March).
Radiation workers should take the October course if they have not yet attended the course earlier in this school year.
You should read in advance the instructions in "Preparation of Participation” which can be found below. If you have questions, please first ask the Laboratory Radiation Manager in your laboratory: i.e. your professor(s) or one of the staff members in you lab in charge of radiation-related matters.
Foreign researchers and students not fluent in Japanese are requested to take the SOS (School of Science) Radiation education course in English. If your schedule does not allow it, please ask the Laboratory Radiation Manager in your laboratory to contact the Radiation Management Office for possible on-demand education as an alternative by watching a video.
Preparation of Participation
- No need for pre-registration, but you should download in advance course materials and slide PDFs. Visit this web page, one or two days before (or just before) the session. Zoom URL will also be shown in this page. Files can be found at the bottom of this page.
Check of Attendance
- Attendance will be checked by submission of your Attendance Sheet.
- The details of how to submit it will be explained during the session.
- Enter the Zoom with your real name, so that we can check your attendance by checking the access list on the Zoom system. The best would be to use your UTokyo account (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Zoom. You can also connect to Zoom using another account or without signing in to Zoom, but in any case, please make sure that your name can be easily confirmed. (Don’t use unrecognizable nicknames.)
- Some quizzes are asked during the session.
- You are requested to write the answers in your Attendance Sheet.
- (So don’t be sleeping!)
<< Documents for the Radiation Course >>
- Radiation Safety Manual (English version)
- Radiation Safety Manual (Japanese version)
- Regulation on Prevention of Radiation Hazards (Japanese only)
- Detailed Radiation Rules + X-ray Equipment Management Rules (Japanese only)
<< Slides for the Radiation Course >>
<< Attendance Sheet must be submitted after the course >>
You should access Google Form for the Attendance Sheet.
The URL (access information) will be shown online during the session.