Wi-Fi setup for Linux
1 Distributions supporting Wi-Fi
- The following distributions have been verified to support Wi-Fi.
- Ubuntu 11.10
- Fedora 16
- Vine 6
2 Certificate installation
- Execute the openssl command from the command line to extract the user certificate, CA certificate, and private key from the downloaded certificate.
- User certificate
openssl pkcs12 -in XXXX.p12 -clcerts -nodes -out XXXX-cl.crt
- CA certificate
openssl pkcs12 -in XXXX.p12 -cacerts -nodes -out XXX-ca.crt
- Private key
openssl pkcs12 -in XXXX.p12 -cacerts -out XXXX.key
- Command execution requires entry of the password for the authentication system.
- For extracting the private key, a password for XXXX.key must be specified.
3 Connection to Wi-Fi network
- Click the fan-shaped Wi-Fi icon in the bar at the screen top.
- Select “sos” for ESSID.
- When the security setup screen appears, configure the connection as follows.
- Security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication: TLS
- Identifier: User’s 10-digit Universal ID
- User certificate: Extracted user certificate
- CA certificate: Extracted CA certificate
- Private key: Extracted private key
- Private key password: Password specified upon private key extraction
- Connect to the network.